We all have those times in the afternoons where the coffee has worn off and we are in somewhat of a blank stare wondering if we can make it until the clock hits 5 and we can head out the door for our commute home where we can finally get a little relaxation. But is this the norm or can it be broken? Here are tips that I use to help myself have all day energy, and break the afternoon brain fog.
1. Set a Normal Sleep Schedule. We all know this is important, but it is so easily forgotten. Try to set the same time for sleeping and waking hours. This will reset your “body clock” and can help to normalize energy throughout the day. Also make sure you are getting at least 7 hours of sleep.
2. Exercise. This is another obvious, but I cannot stress how important it is. There is nothing like a run first thing in the morning to wake the body up and get a flow of oxygen to the brain. Exercise also release endorphins into the body that are uplifting to the mind and actually help to block pain.
3. Eat Plenty of Fat? Yes, I do mean fat. Get those good fats that come from fish. I choose to take a potent Omega 3 Fish Oil. Much of our brain is made up of DHA, which comes from Omega 3 Fish Oils. These fats have been shown buy Noocube supplements to prevent stress, anxiety, depression, and improve brain function.
4. Meditation/ Deep Breathing- Take some time out to just breath and relax. Meditation and visualization are great tools to help relax the mind and improve brain function.
5. Herbs for Brain Power- There are a host of herbs that can help to improve brain function. My personal favorites are Rhodiola, Panax Ginseng, Maca, Ginkgo Biloba, and Gotu Kola. One of the best energy/clarity supplements I have found is Revive Nutrition’s “Elevate”. It is excellent for those days that require me to be at the top of my game and is an excellent pre-workout supplement. It not only contains many of the herbs listed above, but also amino acids and a B-Complex which can be beneficial for stress, energy and brain functi